Familiaris Fine Arts Policies
Student Enrollment and Placement
1) Students are to be no more than 1 month younger than the minimum age limit set for the class at the time of enrollment
2) For classes with prerequisites or experience needed, if you are unsure about placement, please contact Familiaris Fine Arts
3) Please give 30 days notice when dropping a class
4) All Familiaris Fine Arts classes must have a minimum class size of 12
5) In the event Familiaris Fine Arts needs to cancel a class due to low enrolment, 30 days notice will be given and a refund will be issued, or applied to the family account
Payment of Fees
1) Registration and the first-month tuition, are due at the time of registration
2) Registration fee and first-month tuition are non-refundable
3) Tuition is due by the first 1st of every month. (No tuition due in December)
4) There will be a 14 day grace period for all tuition payments not made by the 1st of every month, after that a $10.00 late fee will be assessed to the account weekly until the account has been paid in full
5) In the event a student needs to drop a class, 30 days notice is required to receive any tuition refund owing
6) Material and costuming fees are to be paid directly to the instructor, not to Familiaris Fine Arts
7) Material Fees are non-refundable
8) There will be a $20.00 fee for all NSF returned checks
School Calendar Year
1) Classes begin in September/October and end either the last week of April or the 1st week of May. There are NO classes December through the first week of January
2) Spring break will follow the Richland school district schedule each year
3) Snow Days - In case of inclement weather, Familiaris Fine Arts follows ALL local area school district's recommendations for late starts and cancellations. If you are unsure about delays or closures, please check the home page of the website under "Latest News"
1) Class attendance is very important. If your child is going to be absent for an extended period of time, please contact their instructor so they can plan accordingly.
2) Performance attendance: If your child is unable to make a scheduled performance, please notify the instructor so they can plan accordingly
3) Sick Kiddos: If your child is experiencing symptoms of serious illness (fever of 100 or higher, cough, wheezing, rash, vomiting, etc.) please play hooky for the day! If your student is worried about missing work for that day, our instructors are happy to send updates and homework assignments so your child doesn't get behind Thank you!
4) Makeup Days In the event Familiaris Fine Arts has to cancel a class, we will offer a makeup class at the end of the year
5) Snow Days - In case of inclement weather, Familiaris Fine Arts follows ALL local area school district's recommendations for late starts and cancellations. If you are unsure about delays or closures, please check the home page of the website under "Latest News"
1) Every year, we try to provide performance opportunities and showcases for all Familiaris Fine Arts students. This schedule will be updated as we go, and can be found in "The Latest News" on the home page of the website, or under the calendar tab
2) The Familiaris Fine Arts Festival is our year-end program. This is when all of our students gather together for family and friends to show what they have been working on all year. This special event is typically held the last week of April.
3) 3) If your child is unable to make a scheduled performance, please notify the instructor so they can plan accordingly
Odds and Ends
1) Bathroom Breaks: Our classes are only 50 minutes long so it is very helpful if parents can remind their children to use the restrooms before and after classes. Familiaris Fine Arts students are to use the bathrooms on the north end of the building (closest to the lounge). THANK YOU!!!
2) Communication: It is VERY important to us that no one is left out of the loop! So we take care to communicate well. My primary way to communicate with all of you is through this website, emails through your subscriptions to this website, and our Facebook page. If at any point you feel like you are not receiving information, please let us know!
3) All children are the responsibility of their parents or legal guardian in between classes.
4) Photos: Familiaris uses photos to promote and build our program. I use them on two closed homeschool Facebook Groups, and the Familiaris Fine Arts website. If you do NOT want your child to appear in class photos, please contact Melissa Clark (our photographer) for a photo exempt form, and arrange to meet with her. Contact Melissa at: firstname.lastname@example.org